"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 37: "Whisper of Winter"


Week 37: "Whisper of Winter"
Actual size of this work is 9 inches (h) by 50 inches (l)   Click on the image for larger view
This week's work was painted live while people watched during the "Third in the Burg" Art and local business walk at the Historic Harrisburg Association.  Thank you to all who came out and thank you to all those who heard about "52 in 52" tonight.  
Lately, life has become hectic and I feel as if I am constantly on the go, or heading somewhere to do something.  Whether it be with my job, my art, or personal life I am constantly moving.  Summer is about movement and "going on vacation" or "I'm going to do this".  During this time of year I get stir crazy. For me the autumn weather make me think of respite, a quiet calm.  As soon as the first snow falls and silences the world in the physical, I find rest.  This week's work is a representation of my life and how the movement is waiting for the silence to come.   Maybe I am preparing to hibernate for the winter.  So with my work I wanted to show not just a touch of the forthcoming season, but show a whisper of winter and rest.

1 comment: