"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Friday, November 5, 2010

Week 44: "Wake"

Week 44: "Wake"


Throughout my life, whether it was my childhood, young adult or now into my 30's, I have always tried to overcome my fears.  I once was afraid of heights and roller coasters and to break through that fear, I rode on one. During the course of life, I tore down the walls of my basic human fears.  It is my belief that fear is the core basis of all negative emotions, the question is how to over come my greatest fear.

My deep dark fear is, like many others, growing old and dying.  Many take any and all precautions to make sure they don't appear to "look" old.  For myself, it's not about looking old, (even though that is an easy fix), but more so the fear of being alone.  The thought of growing old and watching all my friends pass away scares me.  Yet the question I ask myself is, how do I move past the fear and conquer it?

The answer to this question for myself is all about doing the opposite:  LIVING.  Life and creating becomes the shield and sword in my personal battle. I find that I live when I create, so to answer my own question of how to conquer my fear of death is to always keep my eyes forward and during life, stay awake.

1 comment: