"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 13: "Tarnished"

Week 13: "Tarnished"

As I worked on this weeks painting from the home of my parents, in my home town, I began to think about where my life has taken me.  This all began from staring at a old metal antique that adorns the house.  I think of how I started in life as always the good shiny person, but just like the old metal antique I began to have things happen in my life that coated me in a film of mistakes, dust, jadedness.


Polishing off the years of hurt, pain, and self destruction is like a gentle cleaning away of years of dust and grim that cover the beauty beneath. As you slowly peal back the layers the shine and natural luster begins to show its self once again.  Just like with myself, as I began to slowly polish away the years of the resentments and the pain of life experiences, I have to be gentle with myself.  If we try to clean away the layers to quickly or with to much force we may cause more lasting damage. We may scratch the beautiful shine below.  I found its important to give time it's time when cleaning away the spiritual muck from myself. 


Slowly, but surely,  we can start to see the radiant gleam of the being that we can be.  We can all slowly wipe away the years of tarnish, as long as as were gentle with ourselves and give ourselves time, we can get back to the beautiful, shining, selves below the years of tarnish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment