"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week 15: "Voodoo"

Week 15: "Voodoo"

Passion can have a strange mystical power over someone.  It is my belief that passion can cause such a rapture that it can take over our senses, our thoughts, even our souls. I find that my passion in life can be my greatest strength, and my biggest downfall.  

Like a mist lightly rolling over water, passion can take over me and seduce me in places in my mind that I never dreamed possible. It seduces me like a lover, sexually charging the very deepest recesses of  my psyche.  When it takes over me I completely loose all command of my body, mind, and soul. Its as if someone is there using some invisible string moving every part of my body.  

Lustfully starved for its mental stimulation, passion can leave me like a addict without a drug.  While I sit there staring at a blank canvas with nothing on it, I go through inspirational withdrawal.  My body craves passion to fulfill that longing and my mind starves for validation of my existence.


Passion's uncontrollable spell over someone such as me is like some great being holding a doll.  Pushing in pins, covering it's face, and binding me with it's Voodoo. 

3 comments:

  1. I like the painting and understand your inspiration, and I agree our passions can override our common sense and take over our bodies, minds and souls if we let them. The trick is to control them so that we can fully experience what it is that they have to offer and where they can take us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to look of the work and the light/shade contrast in the color & image. What medium is this work in? arcrylic on canvas? It's difficult for me to tell in the image of the painting.

    I was initially unsure how your idea translated into the work ... but after spending some time with the image, I began to view the image as the duality within ourselves when passions take over.

    As you write "It is my belief that passion can cause such a rapture that it can take over our senses, our thoughts, even our souls"

    While you entitled this "Vodoo", what struck me in the image was "Rapture"

    So, with that being said, I understand your inspiration and why this week was a tougher week...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I can tell you put some time into this one.

    ReplyDelete