"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 33: "Leap"

Week 33: "Leap"
 In my life I have had several moments where I come the proverbial precipice.  It's either I hang on and struggle for dear life or take a deep breath and 
jump.

My fear of the unknown kept me frozen for many years and I fought with all my might to stay on solid ground.  It was my fear of loosing control of my out of control life that kept me clawing for the safety.  Taking that first step is all based on faith.  For me faith is not just a religious idea, but a universal one.  I have to have faith in myself that I can make it through whatever life hands me.  I have to remind myself that life is not being lived if you don't take a risk.  Yet the biggest lesson from taking that first step is that I cannot grow unless I walk to the edge and take it.

Human's are creatures of habit.  We as a society don't have a problem with external change, but do have issues changing ourselves.  Like myself, to change the  internal psyche, I have to rip the "band aide off" to let it breathe.  But when I take that jump into something that is a drastic change, I find myself not jumping with both feet together.  My normal tendency is to take one step out while leaving one foot planted on the ground "just in case", yet is that truly turning myself completely over to faith.  Do I leap fully into change or take a protected step. 
 

1 comment: