"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 34: "the gathering"

Week 34: "the gathering"

In life we have a need to feel like we are part of something. A need to be connected to something greater than ourselves, but at what cost?  Is giving up your individuality to be part of a group worth the comfort of being accepted?  There is a sense of security in a group for those on the inside.  This work for me is a question to my readers.  Within your groups and circles you gather in, do you ever stand up or show your individuality in your group, and invite someone from the outside?  

In life I have felt that I was always trying to fit into whatever group that would take me for those few brief moments.  I would change the way I act, dress, and how I treated others.  As I become more aware of what I want in my life, I find that I become part of a larger group then I ever thought would be possible.  The truth for me is that the more I know about who I am, what I want and express my individuality the more I become part of a true group of loving caring friends.  And with that I find an an amazing freedom and security.  After years of trying to be part of the gathering and failing, I become part of the group because I know who I am alone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment