"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week 26: "CELEBRATion!"

Week 26: "CELEBRATion!"

(Click picture for enlarge the photo)
Special Painting Actual Size is: 8.5 inches (h) x 57 inches (l)

In our lives we hit milestones, begin and end journeys, and recognize achievements of others and ourselves.  For many who read this blog, this is the halfway point!  It is amazing that I am celebrating this mark.  Many weeks I struggled for inspiration, but I was still able to move forward.  As I look at this month in my life, I realize that I have many small achievements that may go unnoticed. I can get so wrapped up in what is coming next that I don't take the time to give dues to what has been completed.  

I can also find myself so wrapped up in one project that I forget to pay homage to those whose achievements have given me the ability to do what I do.  To all our Armed Forces Men and Women, thank you for your sacrifice.  I would like to personal thank my father, who was in the Army for over 20 years.  As well as being Fourth of July weekend, it is also Gay Pride Month.  I would like to take this time to celebrate our LGBT pioneers who were the soldiers of the gay rights movement.  

Both groups fought for freedom from oppression, allowing me to be who I am. Sometimes I forget to recognize these brave men and women on a daily basis. Without them I could not be free to even paint this blog.  
 This month I had many small achievements that I need to "celebrate".  The first is the halfway point of one of my most ambitious projects to date.  It has been an amazing journey, and I cant wait to see the second half.  The second is being chosen to be the featured artist for a solo show at a local coffeehouse and gallery for the entire month of July.  Third, for those who know me, I am celebrating two and a half years of sobriety. If I wasn't sober I would never have returned to my art and arrived at this point.  


 I realize we set times and dates to have a celebration of achievements.  Maybe it's once a year, or if we are lucky sometimes twice a year, but it is my belief that we need to celebrate these acts-of bravery, courage, and the journey we are all part of-every day, not just once a year.  I have to remember to celebrate all the small achievements in my life to remind myself that life is amazing, and not just the things that make a big bang.

(Click picture for enlarge the "Close Up" photo)

This week's work is #2 of 4 
Special Size paintings, price is still
$52.00 + Tax. 


1 comment: