"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, November 20, 2010

Week 46: "The Mourner of Ones that are Lost"

Week 46: The Mourner of Ones that are Lost"


This work is not on normal canvas, but canvas board.  This piece will not need stretched, but will need framed.


The death of a love one is extremely hard and takes time to heal.  What about ones that have moved on or are lost in their own demons.  With the loss of someone so close we have to go through, our own mourning cycle.  

As many know I have been given the amazing gift of recovery, yet I meet many on a daily basis that still struggle.  Tonight, before painting live at an art show I found out that a close friend that I care for and love decided to listen to his demons and disappear into the depth of addiction once again.  When I see and hear about these things it cuts deep.  The hurt of watching someone I care about so much give up on himself rips through me.   This grief process of knowing someone is gone from my life gives me a quick kick in the stomach, but I must move on. 

The thing I have to do is hope that the friends that are lost may return to me someday.  I have learned to except the fact that I they may never return.  I must focus the anger and the fear towards the inner demons and not the friend.  I know that when the darkness doesn't have its grip on them that is where my friend still exists.  For I know them, they were me and if I am not diligent it could be me. 

So I weep in silence for those in my life that are lost.  I shed a tear for every one that have come into and silently slipped back out.  I mourn the loss of my friends, but have the love to move on to new friends with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment