"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 1: "Midnight"


Welcome to the official blog of The Art of David K. “52 in 52: A New Journey”
I was inspired by the movie Julia and Julia, and decided to create this blog. Over the next year I will be painting one brand new painting a week for each week of the year. Each painting will be inspired by something in my life that week. All the paintings will be for sale throught The Art of David K. website, but will not be available for pick up until the end of the year. At the end of the year I will take all the works and desplay them in a show called “52 in 52″.




Week 1 : Midnight”

Midnight has always been my favorite time. It’s when life meets death, dark meets light. Its when the day officially ends and the new day begins. I always feel the most alive and the most naked at Midnight.
At Midnight, I find myself thinking of the day’s events, tomorrow’s journey. I feel that at Midnight, for that brief moment in time, I am neither in yesterday or tomorrow, but is a susppended state. I feel most liberated that eventhough my mind can be going a million miles a minute, for that minute I am no where and everywhere. This painting was inspired by something beautiful at that specific moment. I would love to hear your feed back. Please feel free to post comments.

Much Love,
David K.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your endeavor and your first posting. I love the sentiment and your description. I like the colors and texture, and I can connect your meaning and thoughts with the painting. However, I really don't like the painting itself. Frankly, all I see is a butt-crack, which I don't think does your thoughts justice. I suppose that says more about me than it does your work. I feel bad that your first comment isn't the best. I look forward to seeing a new painting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Comment Bolton. What I was trying to convey in the painting was the naked feeling that Midnight brings to me. And the beauty between dark and light. Also with it being of the back it was to represent vulnerability, being its a backside, where you cant see what is coming toward you.
    Thanks for your comments. Please always feel free to speak your opinion on my work.
    Cant wait to show you next weeks work and see your thoughts. Much Love DK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!I agree with Bolton however, I enjoy your description much more than the work tself, athough I enjoy the painting as well.

    ReplyDelete