"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week 2: "F--K Luv"


 Week 2: "F--K Luv"

This week's piece, I think can speak to a lot of people. Yes, it's one of the most literal works that I have done to date. Sometimes I need to scream instead of whisper. There is one hidden meaning in this piece and I would love to see who can figure it out.


"F--K Luv" is an expression of the anger and resentment I have been having toward men and the fake "Luv" that they have been showing.

When I think of true honest love I see something beautiful through struggles and caring, but never wavering.  Yet lately the last few "relationships" I have had, that I thought had opened me back up to love, have turned out to be more of a show of smoke and mirrors. I find that people begin to use the "luv" word, when they truly mean "I don't know what the hell I want, so I will make myself think that everything is ok and then change my mind later." Be truthful from the start, or end it there. Don't force something that you realize isn't going to work. (Or you're not willing to work on.)  So I still strive to find that Love, and say "F--k Luv!"                                                                              



Much LOVE,

David K.

4 comments:

  1. I like this one! Something so true and accurate but that so many do not have the scruples to actually say! Love is true and real and honest and unassuming. "Luv" is the opposite! Distant, fake and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Anonymous. I completely agree. I guess another part of this piece that I didn't originally share is the reason why the hand is green. I used the color to literally represent the "green with envy" that I have for the people that are able to find that true love so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even real love is not easy. I'm glad I missed a couple weeks because I can say I like the newer posts. This one, however, does nothing for me. You simply took a common feeling, and applied a common visual response to that feeling in the same way as has been done by just about every kid in high school. Perhaps if I were an artist, I might be able to say something of the color scheme, or the brush strokes, or the light reflection, but I'm not artist.

    ReplyDelete