"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 6: "I Don't Believe You (The Crashing)"

 
Week 6: 
"I Don't Believe You (The Crashing)"  
This week's work is something new for those who have been following "52 in 52". This new piece is in a new medium that I have been trying, fountain pen ink on un-primed canvas, painted with 3 different bamboo brushes.
 
"I Don't Believe You (The Crashing)" is an expression of trying to let go. Recent years have brought me waves of love and relationships, some good and bad.  The one thing that I was always left with at the end was my of the denial of the person leaving.  For those few moments I believed it to be a bad dream that I could not shake.  As the denial left and I came to reality, I had a vision of a beach where the waves crashed, and all I could see in the distance is the shadow of the relationship walking away.

This may sound cliche, but like the waves of an ocean crashing on the shore, "Love" can crash on you. Then as soon as it hits, it pulls away as quickly as it came in, each piece of sand a memory, being slowly washed away in the crashing current. The realization that a journey between two souls changes and disappears into the night at that moment is hard to grasp, especially when you're the one being left behind.  When the reality sets in and the waves back away, all I am left with is those scattered memories left on the shore of my mind.  All I can hear is "I Don't Believe You", and feel the crashing of the wave of reality begin to roll over me.


3 comments:

  1. I like this piece. I enjoy the sophistication that is present in this medium. Your analogy between the tide and love is perfect! People say they have felt a "tidal wave of emotion" You have created an image to go with the feeling. Can I buy this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite in this blog so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... i really like the analogy... its awesome to be able to read the thought behind the work.

    ReplyDelete