"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week 5: "It Leaves You Twisted"

Week 5: "It Leaves You Twisted"


The question I have been recently asking myself is if I  was ever truly in love or was I in love with the act of being in love.  No matter what the answer is, with each relationship the one thing that I know is true love in any form can effect your mind, body, and soul.
Love can make you do crazy things.  I have changed my actions, my style, and even my friends, all in the name of love.  I have thrown out all rhyme and reason, and at times even turned a blind eye to things I shouldn't have.  Yet no  matter how I change, when the relationship ends I am left broken, empty, and wondering.  They say love is blind, but I say the feeling of love can be debilitating.
Deep down I believe that love in any form is the only emotion  in the human existence  that has no release on a person. Anger, sadness, frustration, etc., has some end or release to it.  Love is there from beginning, middle, yet has no end.  Love can be as big as the universe, but yet can be held in the smallest space of your heart and mind. Yet it can also do the most damage.  No matter whether its falling in love, experiencing the feeling of love, of falling in love with love, from beginning to end it leaves you twisted.   

5 comments:

  1. Striking! Somewhat shocking in the sense that the face resembles, to me, Lord Jesus Christ! I love it! Was this intentional????? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't intentional, but this blog has been a internal spiritual journey for me. So it could have been my subconscious speaking to that. You never know. Sometimes I just start painting and just let the brush take me where I need to go. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a strange way I like this. I also like the way that you describe your paintings. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is a reminder that the journey of love can also be a journey through Hell. Always falling, but no one reaching out to grab you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one I looked at and I see the free fall we feel in love, the inside out, upside down, free and floating euphoric feeling that love can create.

    ReplyDelete