"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week 8: "The Edge of Nothing and Everything..."

Week 8: 
"The Edge of Nothing and Everything..."
So month two comes to an end. Two months I have been on this journey. Two months that I have been bleeding my feelings and struggles onto canvas, and I'm left with more questions than answers.  

For those who know me personally know that I have hit major bottoms in my life. I have found  when I get to that point it feels like emotional inhalation.  I feel like I'm on a cliff and about to fall into the deep vacuum of emptiness.  Yet at that moment of internal destruction, something pulls me back around to the world of rocky roads and uphill paths. Some people call it faith, some call it karma, or fate. For me, I cannot name it.  I do not understand it. How can I name something I don't understand?  Why, in a world of so many choices and we find ourselves on the precipice, are there only two options; be engulfed by blackness or embrace the light?  I guess that is the question that is asked by all man-kind, from the Scholar to the homeless man on the street.  

I always say I'm a person that sees life in the gray area, but truthfully I have been coming to terms with my own duality.  I question where in my decisions, relationships, and inner growth, that I turn from being the optimist to being the pessimist.  Where in that gray area does it snap from one side to the other?  At what moment do I stand up from sitting on the edge of nothing, and turn to the everything?

 

3 comments:

  1. I definitely think this is your best medium. Remember, this process was not just for others but for you as well. It is a process of defining and redefining who you are. That is something that we all do repeatedly throughout our lives. Live in the moment for what you have and for what is and don't get too caught up in thinking about what you don't have. Life is far too short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second that I saw this piece of art I saw depression. I like this piece though. If possible I would love to see a painting of something you love, something that makes you happy, something positive.

    ReplyDelete