"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week 12: "Life, A Rough Draft"

Week 12: "Life, A Rough Draft"

In my life I have always searched for a way to re-invent myself, mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  In my day job I am constantly revising, editing, and formating documents over, and over, and over, until a final document is complete.  I began to realize that we have a similar process to life.

From when we are first conceived until the day we die, our bodies, minds, and spirits are on a continuous cycle of change.  I have watched myself go through physical changes such as growing taller, hair growth, even down to the recycling of our life's blood.  Our bodies are always changing.  It's an amazing mystery to slowly watch a child grow from almost nothing, into a full grow person.  

The physical, mental and emotional re-formating can be intense and horrifying at the same time.  Over many years I have gone through many versions of the man that now writes this blog.  As I start to see changes in the way I think about myself, others, and the world in general, I find myself making more and more edits to how I process these incoming changes.  

After saying all that, I have come to a point where even if at times I don't like it, I'm never going to be a finished product.  I will never be a perfect image, ready to be displayed to the masses.  I believe, like reincarnation, that each time I make majors changes to my own documents of life, it's for a reason, a way to learn. The man inside, that writes this blog now, is not even the  same man on the inside that started this blog.  As I look now forward onto the new revisions of my life that lay ahead, I always hope that I will remember to "Dot my I's and cross my T's", and that life itself is not a final copy, but a constant rough draft.


Note: To See the picture up close, just click on the image.

1 comment:

  1. Love the concept, and I love the colors I agree we all are just "Drafts" God is not finished with us yet!

    ReplyDelete