"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, May 1, 2010

Week 17: "Waiting On Completion"

Week 17: "Waiting on Completion"


      In my life I have lived with a feeling of not being whole, always waiting for something to come to fill that void. I thought I found it in a partner, in a friend, in my family. And for a dark time I thought I found it in the dark side of addiction.  Nothing could fill that void. I felt as if I was a man drawn into this life with just a basic outline.  Waiting for someone or something to come in a fill inside the lines. 


      Over the last few years I have slowly come to terms that there is nothing outside of my body that can fill me.  No force, no object can plug up the missing link in the chain.  It comes from within.  


     Total fulfillment of one's self has to come from within.  Like painting by numbers, we all have to pick up our own brush and begin to paint piece by piece with self love, self confidence and self knowledge  to finally see the full picture.  We stare into our lives and slowly see the vision become clearer bit by bit. I still have trouble dealing with the fact that it is a slow process. Until the full painting of our lives are finished, we can look at the masterpiece that is unfolding and marvel in the beauty of waiting to be completed.

1 comment:

  1. Witnessing David's truth expressed in blog and art is a joy and a privilage. Cheers, David!

    ReplyDelete