"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 21: "Self Baptism"

Week 21:
"Self  Baptism" 


For some reason this week I had a thought running through my head of "going back to basics".  When I think of going back to basics I ask myself what are the necessary needs. I create a simple list  such as  breathing, taking one thing at a time, and stripping things down to the most rudimentary design in life.  Yet there is one basic need that I always struggle to learn-forgiving myself.


Over the course of my life I have made many indiscretions which have hurt others, but more so have hurt myself.  I find as my life fills to the brim with everyday chores and choices, the decisions which I made in my past come to haunt me, repeating the same character defects like a broken record.  Each time this happens, I begin to chastise myself for my flawed persona, instead of going back to basics of love and forgiveness.  


I was raised Catholic, and was always taught that when I was baptized, or went to confession, the sins that I had committed would be washed away.  This lesson was instilled in me from a very young age.  If I was sorry for what I did, make amends, learn from them, and forgive yourself.  My questions is-out of all the lessons I was taught as a child such as don't play with fire, the stove is hot, and look both ways before crossing-why does this lesson constantly slip my mind? 


I work at forgiving myself everyday for my daily wrongs, and forgive myself for the past.  Like a sinner wading in the water, I must constantly learn how to forgive myself.  Everyday I must dip my head into the water and give myself a self baptism.



2 comments:

  1. REMEMBER: The LAST one to forgive us is ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Announcement: This Work Has been Sold.

    ReplyDelete