"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 20: "The Dancer"

Week 20: 
"The Dancer"

To feel uninhibited, to not be chained to predestined ideals and total freedom of self expression was my inspiration this week.  Through my life I let other peoples views, thoughts and feelings control my self expression.  Like so many others, I even let my own insecurities also weigh down my sense of personal fulfillment.

When I watch a dancer create physical art, I am always moved.  I see each emotion poured out through every extension of the body.  Even though most artistic dances are choreographed, they still portray, in my mind, the full range of human emotion from the slightest flick of a hand to the highest kick. 

Dance can express so much, such as passion, love, hatred, sorrow, or joy.  It mesmerizes and has the  ability to let go of the world's constraints and fill the emptiness with beauty and creation.  Yet, as soon as the chains of insecurities, secrets, or outside forces lock onto our feet the momentum of this freedom is stuck.  Until we let go and express our true emotions, we will be like children dancing at our first homecoming dance; we may be moving our feet, but we just go around in circles, repeating the same motions over and over.

As long as we let the movement of our true emotions and expression flow through us, we shall not only have total freedom of our bodies, but also be able to fill the world with our own personal beauty and be able to be the dancer, free.



2 comments:

  1. I must agree most emphatically like Art Dance (also Art form) allows the individual total freedom within and without. I especially like the choice of colors representing the golden glow of that total freedom. Great Job! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete