"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, June 5, 2010

Week 22: "To the Core"

Week 22:
"To the Core"




They call the apple the fruit of knowledge.  It has been used in biblical scripture, and also one of them "keeps the doctor away".  In my journey of this blog to know myself internally, spiritually, and artistically, I have been left amazed, shocked and at times completely confused.  

Once again I find myself painting iconic religious subject matter.  The interesting thing is that I never intended it to be.  I'm not an artist that paints still lifes.  Lately I am surprised at what comes from my brush strokes.  I thought to myself  "I am seeing new unknown sides to myself".  That's when I realized that this was the reason behind this week's painting.

In my life I have struggled at times to figure out "Who Am I?"  Constantly searching the outer and inner influences to find the answer to the who, what, where and why of myself. Yet when I think I have myself pegged, all of a sudden these new subject matters pop up and I find something new.  So to find the answers to myself, I have to know one thing.  That I am a living, breathing being that is ever changing, ever evolving to the core.


No comments:

Post a Comment