"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, October 9, 2010

Week 40: "A Friend in a Stranger"

Week 40:"A Friend in a Stranger"
Tonight I had coffee with an person whom I have only spoken to a small handful of times.  Until this evening she was a basic stranger to me.  I did not know her story, her struggles, how she grew up or where she felt her life was going, yet there was always a magnetism to her that pulled me in.  

Without hesitation, and without fear I was able to tell her my story, where I came from, and the hopes of where I am going.  She as well opened up the book that is her life and read the pages to me.  We found that our stories were different, yet many key markers were the same.  While we sat there at her kitchen table, light pouring in from the large bay window, I began to ponder why is it so easy for us to spill some of the darkest secrets of our pasts to people who are total strangers.  

For me a total stranger is usually able to listen without pretenses.  Their ears are open without any memories of things said or done by me.  I have also found that it seems to be human nature to want to know other people's problems and stories.  When talking to a stranger I also find it to be a bit of an adrenaline rush, for there is always that slight thought of, "What if they tell everyone what I have said?"  I have also found that there is a dark and light side when I open myself up to someone.  It is good to free my soul and let the light shine in, but hope that I haven't opened myself up to the darkness.  Tonight I opened myself up to a stranger and found a friend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment