"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, October 23, 2010

Week 42: "New Chapter"


I Dedicate this weeks work and blog to my best friend and roommate of almost 8 years. Love you my "Gracie"
Week 42: "New Chapter"
To me a box can say many things.  You can feel boxed in or a over whelming sense of entrapment. To me it can be a symbol of secrets being hidden from the world, but lately it has given me a totally different meaning.  

As many readers know I am moving this weekend.  So I am really drawing inspiration from my environment.  Yet while being surrounded by boxes of all shapes and sizes I am not feeling "boxed in", but a sense of excitement, fear and accomplishment.  

In the grips of addiction one can be trapped with in a containment of their own making.  Or even literally be taken so low to the point of making a box a home.  I was a lucky one who did not make it that far.  I knew about being inside the box; the secrets taped shut inside so that light could see them.  But when I became sober the box was opened so that the air could rush in and dust out the old secrets long forgotten.  This created excitement for me of life and of the journey I would begin.  Now there is excitement once again, for I now once again being on a new journey into the unknown.  While I pack the cardboard squares of memories of the past, I see the next journey I embark on.  

The boxes packed around me are a symbol of my success and of my personal growth.  For the first time in my 30 years of life, I will be living on my own.  With that there is a fear of the unknown.  It will be my responsibility to love myself for me and take care of myself.  

Just like the pages in a book, I have to read word by word on a path to end one sentence.  I finish the sentence and move onto a journey through the paragraph, until it comes to the last page.  I look at the boxes and read the words, sentences and paragraphs of a new chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment