"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 41: "Incense"

Week 41: "Incense" 

The touch of hands across the skin can send shivers.  A touch of lips on a neck can leave one breathless.  The watchful gaze of someone's eyes upon you can hypnotize, but  scent has the power to transform.  
Scents can intoxicate and infect all the senses. If you can not smell, you can not taste the true flavor.  When we inhale a scent we hold it in and become breathless. Aromas can change a mood or intensify a current one.

This week I wanted to paint the smell and sensuality of a scent.  I wanted to showcase the lustful intoxication of fall.  The smell of turning leaves mixed with fleshy apples; when the fruits are full and plump about to burst.  When my nose is full of these ingredients mixed with the perfume of the chilled air I find myself changing between serenity and sexual, from contemplative to stupefied.  Incense fills my nose, my mind begins to transform and transport me to the intense recesses of my soul. The nose knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment