"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, October 30, 2010

Week 43: "Night Light"

Week 43: "Night Light"
As I stepped out of my new front door into the buzz of the city, I reflect on where I have been, where I came from and where I am going.  When I was kid, like many, I was scared of the dark.  I always had to have the door open or have the light showing the way.  As I come to the end of the first week of living on my own I realize that like the lights of the city, I have had many night lights to guide my path to where I am now.  

Every choice I have made and every person that has come into my path of life has been some type of stepping stone down the narrow streets of this crazy maze.  Some have cleared the way for me to make easy strides down the sidewalk, and some have created obstacles.  Of course the biggest one of all has been myself.  In my life I have been the one reoccurring path blocker.  Since I came to that realization and started to move out of my own journey the street has opened up.  There are many times where I begin to back track my steps into the dark alleyways, but all it takes is to stop and turn myself around toward the lights.  

Now I have come to this point in my life.  I have now started the journey of living on my own.  I've stepped out of my own way and let the lessons I have learned now be the lights along side of me instead of the potholes in front of me.  Lights illuminate the path of my life as clear as day, but only if I let them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment