"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week 49: "In Between Negative and Silence"


This piece is on Canvas Board. Needs framed to be hung.















Week 49: "In Between Negative and Silence"

Over the past week, as I start to realize that another year is soon to go by, I have been quieter than normal.  The people around me know that I can talk, and always have something to say, but recently I have had this want to be silent.  In a world of go go go, and always wanting to have voices heard, I find people think that silence means that you're being negative, or in a depression. My question is where is the line that separates negativity and silence.

Recently I have had the desire not to speak, but to listen.  Listening for what, I am not sure.  I have found myself not wanting to say anything or speak, but to start to listen to myself and the world around.  Religious men and women take vows of silence as a way to connect with the world that has gone mad with noise polution.  Yet when someone outside of that realm decides to live in silence, for even a brief moment of time, people become uneasy or feel the need to force vocal diarrhea from them.  Is it their own insecurity of silence?  For me I am begining to learn that for my life to grow I need to just sit and be silent.  The only issue for me is that I must watch closely to not cross the line into the darkness. 

Many say that silence is golden, but I find that silence is in between all colors and no color at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment