"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, December 4, 2010

Week 48: "For Home the Bell Tolls"

This work is on Canvas board. It will not need to be stretched but will need to be framed to be hung
Week 48: "For Home the Bell Tolls"

So this week I took some time learning to be with me, myself and I.  It is a very difficult concept for me to understand.  Recently I moved into my own place for the first time in my 30 years of life.  After living with loved ones for so many years, which help drown out the voices in my own head, I have to learn how to deal with memories of times passed.  Whether it is a movie, the smell of something cooking or an object, I find these memories ring in my head like the sound of a bell tower in the distance. 

During this time of year many of my thoughts lead me to traditions and family, which for me are a safe place.  Yet this year I am on my own, staring out into an unknown world and an unknown path.  Placing ornaments on a tree, or putting on a long lost scarf given to me by someone special, cause memories to rush over me.  I know that I must not live in the past, but at times the creature of habit rears it's dark head and pulls me back.

As I step out into the unknown path that is my new journey I must remember the memories of the past, but let them be a sound of the a bell tower in the distance, and not morter and brick that keep me stationary.

No comments:

Post a Comment