"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, December 25, 2010

Week 51: "Freedom"


This work is on Canvas board, it needs to be framed to be hung.
 Week 51: "Freedom"

During this time of year we can all get caught up in the hussle and bussle of the holiday season, but end up loosing sight of all the good things that we have.  We begin to look at the negative of what we didn't get, or that pair of socks and underwear that we received from grandma.  For me this year I am trying to make sure that I don't forget what truly is a gift, a freedom of self.

Over the last year I have really dealt with alot of issues that run rampant.  I tried to break free of the bondage of my own cage of character defects. I have found a sense of exhileration in breaking those binds of self.  With each step I make I reach and gravitate towards lightness of soul.  At times I have found myself even falling in love with myself and the person I have become.  I have come to truly see myself as a gift to myself. 

For most of my life I have been one to always feel like my self worth is based on what others want me to feel, but the day I painted this blog I truly took a step in another direction.  The importance of a the day was for me and me alone.  I did not mind that some people in my life didn't recognize it.  Each day in my life I have to always remember that I am a gift and I must treat myself as one.  In that I find true freedom within my soul.

Note to readers:

I can not believe there is just one more painting left.  It is an amazing feeling to have accomplished this.  Without you, my readers and supporters, I would not have gone on this amazing journey of self re-discovery.  Thank you, much love, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

David K.

No comments:

Post a Comment