"52 in 52: A New Journey" September NEWS: Gallery Blu Show and 3rd in the Burg Show!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

January:



January 8, 2011


"52 in 52: A New Journey" Blog Show at

The Paper Lion Gallery, 1217 Hummel Avenue, Lemoyne



YWCA of Carlisle, PA - Featured Artist












Saturday, December 18, 2010

Week 50: "From the Mountain"


This work is on Canvas Board, it doesnt need to be stretched but must be framed to be hung.

Week 50: "From the Mountain"

With every journey in life there is always an end. Soon my journey with this series will be complete, but then where do I go from here?  That is the question on my mind, especially after the entire year of struggling and searching for growth. What is the next step?  What will that next step lead to?

When we journey over a great climb or accomplish a great task there is a sense of pride that leaves us satisfied for a moment. Yet when the feeling of satisfaction dissipates we long for it again.  We let our desire for growth and movement forward drive us toward the next  journey. 

I am coming down the mountain to the end, looking back at what I have done, and then turning to see the new journey in front of me.  It is clear and clean, and open to whatever my mind desires.  I allow my feet and my desire of growth and movement move me away from my journeys of the past toward the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment